Friday, January 22, 2010

WATER FIGHT!!!!!!

You know what happens when your husband is home ALL day EVERY day?



Tension.




No matter how much you like each other, no matter how well you are getting along, there is an underlying tension. You don't want him to mess up your routine, you don't want him to be bored, you don't want him to be discouraged, you definitely don't want him to start down the depression road.

Well, Timm has been home since November. We've been down this road before and it's been ugly at times. This time has been pretty good. We haven't let it get us down too much. We've even had some fun, not bad at all. This week has been an *eh* week though. We are tired and we're sick of being in the house. We've had some fun distractions, but it all comes swooping back as soon as the fun is over.

Today
has been a long day. Nobody fighting or anything, just long and a bit boring. Dinner time came around I grudgingly made tacos. Dinner conversation was lacking, (not much to talk about when you are with each other 24 hours a day) nobody had any news. Timm started in with the teasing and I'm telling you I just wasn't in the mood. He kept at it though and every time it was aimed at me he would just smile and giggle. He just wasn't catching the death looks or he just didn't care. So after a few minutes of this I really just felt like dumping my cup of water on his head. I decided that was a pretty bad idea so I sipped my water down until I only had an inch or so of water.....
then I dumped it on his head.

I didn't get much on him though, he knocked it out of my hands. He looked at me a little surprised, but laughed, so I dove for my cup, got a little more water and threw that on him. He grabbed Alison's water and threw it in my face. That was it, it was on. I raced him to the sink and started filling my cup. We fought over the cups, just barely getting each other here and there. Then he put his hand over the faucet, spraying me in the face and I threw a cup of water over my shoulder. By the time it was all over we were both bent over laughing, we were both soaked to the bone and it took three towels to clean up the kitchen.

We now know that the best medicine for unemployed tension is a water fight. Who cares if it's winter? We had fun, the kids think we are crazy, and everybody is smiling.

1 comment:

Lorelei said...

That's so funny! I would have liked to see the kid's faces while this was happening...