Tuesday, April 14, 2009

MY HEAD IS BEEPING!

My cute, cute boy.
(I am writing this in the knowledge that he will be reading this so keep up.)
When Eli was three years old we lived in Oregon.
His most favorite thing in the world to do was to go to Grandma's house. Unfortunately, some odd things happened over at Grandma's. I mean really odd things, like his head would beep. Really high pitched kind of shrill beeping. Kind of like some type of alarm. We all heard the beeping. It usually happened when it was smoky in the kitchen, like if we burned something or the wood stove was smoking. The beeping would start and then he would exclaim to us, "My head is beeping!" Then, he would plug his nose to make it stop. The nose plug seemed to magically work.
It was all very inexplicable.
How cute is that to have a kid with a beeping head?

Well Eli is now seven years old.
I had all but forgotten about his beeping head until the other day when he came home from school.
Eli: "Mommy? Remember when my head would beep when we were at Grandmas?"
Mommy: (suppressing a smile) "Yes, I remember."
Eli: " It happened again today at school."
Mommy: (getting harder not to smile at this point) "It did? Weird!"
Eli: " I know, huh."
Eli leaves the room like this is all no big deal and Mommy quickly calls Daddy while giggling.

Again I have to say...
...My cute, cute boy.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty surprised he remembered!

My name is Michelle. said...

Most of my kids have this weird bionic man memory.

Holmes said...

Did it stop with a nose plug again this time?

My name is Michelle. said...

I'm not sure, it was such a no big deal thing when he told me the story that he left before he could tell me how it stopped.

Lorelei said...

He's so funny